Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I bought HP Officejet 4300 All-in-One series fax scanner &

Customer Question

I bought HP Officejet 4300 All-in-One series fax scanner & copier sometime ago which came with Mac and Windows CD software but unable to load the CD onto my new laptop with Windows 8 OS.
For some reason a notification pops up suggesting the laptop did not recognize the CD yet troubleshooting suggests no solution to this issue.
Kindly advise how I can install the software on my laptop so I can fax scan and copy documents from home.
I anticipate your kind assistance always.
Kevin
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Do not use the CD to install instead open the control panel and go into devices and printers.
At the top click on add a printer. Choose the local option and if asked for a port choose usb001 virtual printer port. Then choose the option that says pick from a list. On the left choose hp and then on the right choose your printer. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.