Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Printing faintly.Have cleaned printer head as advised. Kodak

Printing faintly.Have cleaned printer head as advised. Kodak ESP3.New cartridges in.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal, just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cleaned as advised. Print slightly better but not good.

Applies to both Black & Colour.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please repeat the steps it can take up to 3 cleanings this way to see an improvement. If the same thing happens remove the ink and look at the carriage. You should see either a latch you can pull up or a bullseye symbol you can push in. Do whichever you see and that will let you remove the print head. Run the print head under warm water until the water runs clear. Then let it air dry 10 minutes. Put it back into the machine, do not test it yet. Instead run the cleaning in the maintenance options and then test it. If this did not work please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.