Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Using a iMac 10.6.8 with Canon Pixma MG6250 Series 1. 23/10

Customer Question

Using a iMac 10.6.8 with Canon Pixma MG6250 Series 1. 23/10 lpst all WiFi - to printer and i Pad Contacted Virgin Media who rebooted hub. I Pad back on line. WiFi icon active on i Mac
When I request a print out Support Code 300 message telling me to check connections. These seem to be fine.. The lights are on but n0-one appears to be at home.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What's the status of the Wi-Fi/wireless light / button on the printer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
- Please turn off the printer, then disconnect the power cord from it for a couple of minutes, then re-connect, then turn on, then use the Scroll-wheel on the printer to navigate to the following options in order to connect to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name:Select Setup option.Select Wireless LAN setup.Select your wireless network name and connect.(Note: If you have wireless/wi-fi password, it is case-sensitive.); please see video instructions at the website below for full instructions/illustrations.Once it showed "Connected to access point", then it is successful, then check printing from both iPad and computer.If it does not work, go to Wi-Fi / wireless setting on the iPad (and on the computer if it's wireless), and make sure it is connected to the same exact wifi/wireless name as with the printer.If the computer still does not print, make sure the printer is powered on, then go to the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences..., then open Print & Fax (or Print & Scan), then click on the Canon printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left, and delete it for now., then click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, and it should detect your Canon wireless printer, then add it, then check printing.- Please click on the website below for full video instructions how to connect the printer to your Wi-Fi/wireless network name:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9YEy88zUc; (stop the video at the minute 1:28.)Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.