WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician
Experience:  Over 5 years as a computer and printer repair technician
21171802

I have small label jammed in ix4000, - unable to see it

Hi. I have small label jammed in ix4000, - unable to see it from front or back tray! Help,
Dave
Category: Printers
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I am glad to assist.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 1 year ago.
The piece of paper is probably stuck in the middle somewhere. Try moving the rollers with your fingers or the end of a pencil (the erase part). This will move the rollers and hopefully the paper as well. If you see the paper but cannot get to it, use tweezers to pull the paper out.If that does not work, the next thing to do is try to open the main cover of the printer. This means removing screws to get inside the printer that way you can see the paper. Sometimes the paper is just stuck inside and needs to be serviced by opening the printer case. It is hard to describe how to open the printer and will most likely need a printer service technician to open it properly if it cannot be opened easily.Let me know how it goes.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd tried most of the usual things, but as it was a piece of gummed paper and it was invisible and it would not slide free. Solved the problem by using a 2cm strip of thin aluminium fed in from the paper tray which shoved it into view below the ink tray from where I could retrieve it! Many thanks for your suggestions.