Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a Canon MP60 printer. I cannot work the machine as in

Customer Question

I have a Canon MP60 printer. I cannot work the machine as in the viewer i have a vertical white line and i cannot get any other image so cannot work the machine.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If by a 'white line on the viewer', you mean that the screen on the printer itself, is showing nothing but a white line, that seems to me (at a first guess) to mean that the printer has a severe circuitry problem.Which is espeically likely if your printer does not respond to any other buttons or controls, will not make a photocopy (if it is normally photocopy-capable), etc. The first thing to try, though not guaranteed to succeed in restoring it to functional working order, is to unplug the printer. From the power first, then from the computer, network, phone line, or other connections.Leave it unplugged from the power, for at least 1 hour, or longer.After that interval, just plug it into the power again. Turn it On if needed... and see if the white line and locked-up status repeats itself. (If still locked up and white-lined after that, it is unfortunately 'broken'. At which point I would ask: Are you powering the machine through a surge protector? if not, that might have led to the current situation... a surge protector for every electronic device of any value is an investment that always pays off in the long run.)