Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

How do I access the bottom panel of an HP all-in-one 2600 printer

How do I access the bottom panel of an HP all-in-one 2600 printer to retrieve a sd car wrongly inserted?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You may need to open it to get to this, but are you able to use small tweezers and pull it out this way? Please let me know as this is generally the easiest way to get it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I cannot reach the sd card its already in the base of the printer.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, your going to have to dissasemble it Ann. Is it still covered by warranty? If so have them do this at the store else you will void the warranty.
If not, you will need to start dissembling it by removing the screens and prising off the cover, take note of the screws used so you can put them back correctly.
I could not find a guide to do this to lead you on, so start with the screws you see and tell me how far you get please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are screws in the base of the printer, canI access by this route? I don't fancy taking the top screens apart.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I was able to get a document that shows how to do this, you have to do it in the order its listed. You begin on Page 5-37 and I uploaded it for you at
www.wikisend.com
use File ID 446806
Follow the steps exactly as it lists.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot access this email item. So I am going to leave it there for now, slow broadband...I'll try later

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its not emails though, its the link I gave.
But I have marked the question to never close, so when you can resume this, let me know and we can continue then.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.