Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

HP Photosmart 5510. Paper not feeding. Printer continues as

Customer Question

HP Photosmart 5510. Paper not feeding. Printer continues as if it is actually printing. HP support not much help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have re- checked the paper settings in your PC, before printing ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not understand your response. Paper does not feed in photocopy mode as well as from computer file.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delayed reply, please let me know, if you still need help on this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please. See my response of 02.11.15 @ 11.53. Did you not receive ?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I'd like to ask: what error message or indication do you get?Or is there no error message nor indication?If there is no error message, then how can you tell that you are printing to the printer at all? check whether e.g. the Default printer selection may have changed, and you may be sending the print jobs to some unintended destination device, aside from and different from your printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paper feeds for about 1 to 2 inch then stops. Printer continues to attempt printing and display states it is printing. Next display instructs to remove paper jam. After removal printer returns to standby mode. This occurs with both printing from computer and copy modes. To me there is a feed issue inside the machine, probably the rollers where the paper appears to stop.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I think you have a feed issue inside the printer, most likely. If you can see into the printer, look into it where the leading edge of the paper stops short. See if there is an extraneous object there, that might be blocking the feeding of paper further into the machine. And then try cleaning the paper pickup / paper feed rollers: If the problem might possibly be owing to aging roller surfaces (for paper is fed into faxes and printers with rubber or plastic cylindrical rollers, that propel the sheet into or through the machine)... then you might need to clean the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not happening. Remove all paper from the machine, unplug it, and open it so as to have access to the rollers in the problem area where feeding is not being done properly. Take a clean high-quality lint-free rag cloth, moisten it with rubbing alcohol, and rub the rollers firmly all over their paper-contacting surfaces, three times over. (If the rollers are hard to reach, there is another way to clean them... let me know if that is the case, and I will detail how to do the cleaning.) Allow 5+ minutes for drying-off, then reload the paper, close up the machine where you opened it up, and then try again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not functioning. Decision taken to replace. No further assistance required. Thanks to Russell H for a positive response to my problem.
Unfortunately the previous responses from Sowrav D were poor and I was waiting an unacceptable time for a response and when I asked questions there was no response.
What is the situation re my £20 deposit. Not worth this amount. How do we agree any charge and what are the arrangements for credit. Awaiting reply.