Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have put new cartridges in but now the printer is not printing

I have put new cartridges in but now the printer is not printing clearly, inspite of runnung through the maintenance procedures on the printer.
Epson Workforce
WF2660
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, not sure how to clean it by hand and what part to clean.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No better

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That is not a good sign, do the old cartridges do the same thing? The new ones could be defective and this is the easiest way to find out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The old cartridges have been thrown out as they were empty. I have spares. Should I try those?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
The only way to find out if these are defective is to try others unfortunately but if the same thing happens it would mean you have a failing part. In which case how old is the machine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine is only 2 months old

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Then it would be under warranty so if the same thing were to happen with other carttridges, if it does call this number: 01952 607 111 When under warranty and cleaning does not work a replacement is normally sent out. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.