adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

How do i repair a motor error, samsung Xpress C1860FW printer the

Customer Question

How do i repair a motor error, samsung Xpress C1860FW printer
the motors are turning, the printer goes through the whole set up until you ask it to print or scan
then it comes up with motor error
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It is possible that you have a 'motor error' owing to, despite the motors being in turning order, the turning being not sensed, owing to a motion sensor not being in place, not being hooked up properly, or the circuitry not being in order to sense the signal from the sensor (bad board, in other words)... or perhaps, that the motor is turning too slowly (owing e.g. to friction in turning parts), or else the parts turned by the motor are in the wrong position and thus out-of-sync perhaps! As you can see, this could be one of various problems. Do you have a service/repair manual for your Samsung printer? Is this a primary problem you are trying to fix, or is it a problem that came up after some other error or problem needs fixing (perhaps by replacing some part in the printer?) ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have a repair/ service manual, do you know where i can download one?
What fault procedure could i use to check the control board, or wether the motors are out of sync?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Information on how to check the control board and/or sync up the workings of the motor(s) and/or check the sensors that report whether the motors are working, would be found in the service manual. But unfortunately I cannot find any source for such a service manual, and since I have no further advice to offer, I apologize and have Opted Out.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam