Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My printer will not copy or scAN-THEY cannot be selected

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Does it show an error message? Can you still print from the computer properly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No error message is shown ,but it prints well.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
How are you trying to copy/scan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have inserted a document into computer but small screen does not respond and it does not print
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean the touch screen on the printer is not responding when you touch it? Does it respond to anything you touch on it? If not how old is the printer? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ye s the touch screen does not respond at all to any command.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
How old is the printer? Did you happen to get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
purchased 2013 April and have care cover in place.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok good you will want to use that then. When the screen will not respond to touch at all it needs to be replaced. It has a part called a digitizer which is what allows it to respond to touch. When that fails and will no longer respond and goes from being a touch screen to just a normal screen. Since you still have a warranty this is normally covered by them. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you,the printer has not had very much use,but I can take it back to be mended or replaced.
I hoped it might be just a simple problem I could fix.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately with it not responding at all it is not a simple issue. I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.