Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a HP deskjet 3520 e-all in one series printer & up to

Customer Question

I have a HP deskjet 3520 e-all in one series printer & up to yesterday was working fine. After 2 power cuts last night I am left with an error code 0X83C00009. I have tried a few places for help & have landed up here. I have unplugged & held the power button down for 10 seconds but the code still remains. Can you advise further please.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Is this error showing on your computer or on the printer itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just on the printer.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Does it say ink system failure as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.Just Error code OX83C0009 NOS_loader_app & a flashing power light.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I only had the number before, this is a very bad error when getting all of that. Open it as if to change the ink, does the carriage move to you? How old is the printer? Did you get an extended warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure whether you received my reply before as my response is not here.
No the ink cartridges do not move. The printer was bought on 11/7/2013 & no extended warranty was taken out on it.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I did not, if you replied to the emails it does not go to anyone you need to reply on this page itself. Turn the machine off and unplug it. Can you move the carriage by hand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done that. No the ink cartridges will not move by hand.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I sincerely ***** ***** could give you better news and really hate that I have to give you some bad news. That is not good unfortunately as I mentioned the error you are getting is a very bad one. It essentially means a print head failure. But that is not always the actual cause. In most cases to fix it the carriage assembly needs to be replaced to fix this.
In order to find out you would try to move the carriage. When working properly it will move freely along the bar and should not be stuck at all. When you can not move it, unfortunately it means the carriage is damaged and to fix this the assembly needs to be replaced. If it had moved properly we would have tried cleaning the strip behind it, but that will not do any good if the carriage will not move.
The reason I asked about a warranty before is because if you had one this would normally be covered. However without a warranty this can be expensive and is it is usually cheaper to replace the machine. Actually due to that fact a lot of technicians will not even work on this problem. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh well. Thanks Freddy. Your help has been much appreciated.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and I sincerely ***** ***** could have given you better news. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.