Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a HP Photosmart 75 20 which has been used very little

I have a HP Photosmart 75 20 which has been used very little and has been packed away for a year. I cannot find a) guide book b) printer disc (if there was one!). I have set it up and it has internet access and I have been able to print well from it .My lap top recognises it and it appears as a wireless connection on my computer. My son has had some success getting it to print emails which are sent to it- but this is limited to email content and not attachments.
Can you help me discover how to get a direct comunication to the printer so I can print forms, microsoft formats like access etc. We seem so close. If there is a disc, could missing this be the problem?
Jenny
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.look for the usb printer cable and connect it to the printer and the computer once done let me know i can remote access and will install the printer driver software for you then you will be able to operate the printer. There is a high chance that the printer might not work at one go as it has not been used for a year in that case the print head must be clogged we will have to run head cleaning process to make it work again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michelle
The printer does work,. we have test prints and also prints from emails and internet content- the problem is accepting printing jobs fro my laptop, or maybe sending the jobs from my laptop. It is hard to see where the problem lies. I will try and find the USB cable.
i see its wireless compatible printer if you want i can set it up for you using remote assistance.
Remote assistance is an additional service with a small onetime charge on the existing chat support plan you have opted for let me know if you want me to set it up on wifi or you want to continue the chat session and follow instructions to make the printer work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello again
yes please - it should be easy to access and has a strong signal- plus i can't quickly access the usb line.
not a problem you can sit back and watch me while i fix it for you.
Click here to run remote sessionJoin Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Click here to run remote session
let me know if you find any problem following to run the remote session.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am not sure what is happening. Should I do something?
Click here Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have paid for remote assistance - I can't see a legal disclaimer, I can't see a client file
when you click on the option click here it must open a page where you scroll down you will see the green button i agree.let me send you a new link
Click here now
if you still find problem running remote let me know we can try another option.