Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon mx920 printer has developed a fault Error code 6000.

Customer Question

my Canon mx920 printer has developed a fault Error code 6000. I have followed the instructions by turning the printer off and unpluging but the fault contues. What do I do now?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Is it the same number every time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok please double check and make sure there is no A in the number like 6A00 instead of 6000.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No just 6000
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Please turn it off unplug it, remove all paper. Then using a flashlight look at all the paper areas for anything jammed it could be a tiny piece of something. Do the same thing looking inside around the ink cartridges. Make sure to use a flashlight as some things you can not see without one. Open and close all paper trays after that. Then turn it back on and load only a single sheet of paper. Let me know the results after doing this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will try that now
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok please let me know the results once you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no luck
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Open it as if you are going to change the ink, does the carriage move over to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.Then leave it in the middle of the bar.Plug the machine back in and turn it on.Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.Let me know the results once it is finished.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done all that and still same error code
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
When you checked for a jam like I mentioned before did you remove the rear panel and check there as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok discovered paper jammed in ink compartment but only can see one cm of it - any idea how we can pull it out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can't see the paper stuck from the rear compartment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Normally you will need to use something like tweezers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
haha trying! It just rips
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Go very slowly side to side do not pull hard.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no really too little paper to grab onto... plan b?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Do you happen to have any canned air duster? You can use that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
unfortunately not
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Darn, can you see it with a flash light in the carriage area and try to grab it from there? Can you manually feed a thick sheet of paper like card stock through to force out the jammed piece?