VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

My computer uses Windows 7It is connected to two scanners,

Customer Question

My computer uses Windows 7
It is connected to two scanners, a Stylus SX535WD, combined scanner printer and a Perfection V500 Photo.
The V500 stopped accepting a change from Reflective to film, so I downloaded an reloaded the set up disc Vol.1.3
That did not cure the problem but instead introduced a second problem, in the going into Epson Scan no longer offers the choice of using the SX535WD and trying to scan from the SX535WD brings up a message Communications Error Make sure the computer is connected, then try again despite using the same yellow cable and communication to print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank for choosing JA for your support needs... Please disconnect the V500 and then reboot you PC... Do not reconnect it... Then try to see if the options return to the other printer. Let me know the results ASAP...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disconnecting the V500 results in an error message, it fails to find the SX535WD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I an not prepared to pay £ 18 on top of the £27 - itscheaper to get a guy in if you can't fix it.
OK, I need to know about the CD/DVD that you were loading the software from. How old is it? Meaning this year or in the past few years???
Also, where are you getting the additional funds request from?? I made know additional offers Sir or Madam...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The request for £ 18 is -Want to switch to a live phone call?
If you prefer, we can talk live on the phone to make it easier to get all the help you need and ask follow-up questions.
Amount: £18
100% Satisfaction GuaranteedThe CD came with the scanner, its © 2007 but worked last week.The other issue is that when trying to scan film ( which is what I need to do as I am writing a book ) ot is stuck on Reflective and won't allow me to change to film.Maybe I need a link to am on line driver.
Ok, my steps that I would take and uninstall both printers. Do you know how to uninstall each of the driver Sir or Madam? Next, i would disconnect each printer from the PC.Then, I would go to each of the Web Sites of the Printers and get the latest drivers of each. See below: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=88368&infoType=Downloads And http://esupport.epson-europe.com/ProductHome.aspx?lng=en-IE&data=VkjUmbBFNN2pIJrtCPxLdhDPU002FmnZuAXVh5SojzT0Uq8U003D&tc=6 Then install each Printer one at a time in order of the most needed. Install, test print and restart the printer and the PC. After that, get back to me and let me know of your results..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first link you provide is the latest driver for the V500. Clicking on it seems to download a 10.89 med file. However it then puts it somewhere that the scanner cannot find as going into Scanners says there is no driver and clicking updare driver says it can't find one, either on the computer or on the net.
The updated driver is not there???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dowloaded the V500 driver onto a CD.Going into Printers and clicking on the scanner tells me it lacks a driver. it then fails to find the driver downloaded to the computer or on the internet.Changing to " install manually " it won't download from the CD. I need to get it back to a position where the functions on the original set-up CD were then find a way to upgrade the driver from there.
well. If you have the original Disk. Please use it to reinstall the Software....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reinstalling the software from the 2007 disc takes me back to where I started.The setup says it looks for more modern drivers but when set up is complete -1. I have lost the ability to select either scanner - it defaults to the V500m automatically.2. The V 500 won't comer off reflective to enable me to scan film.3. The SX535, when trying to scan from the control panel, says its not connected to the computer, despite being able to print from the computer.
I must Opt Out to allow others a go at this one Sir....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that somebody else at Van Magnus systems or are you saying I should call in a local computer engineer ?
Owing to the complexity of this issue. You may need to go the local route as I am in the USA and you are in the UK...
What is the closest Major City nearest you in the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, I have a local computer guy who visits at $ 60 per half hour and I will talk to him.I had hoped that it could be resolved through JustAnswer at lower cost.
Understood. Also, the Gent that you speak of may have the latest drivers for your hardware Sir. Please consider a Positive Rating...