JoelK
JoelK, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My hp envy 4500 printer will not print anything from Microsoft

Customer Question

hi, my hp envy 4500 printer will not print anything from Microsoft office?
Category: Printers
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with that.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
What is the name of the printer that you see in the Microsoft Office print dialog box?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I print my print menu comes up and I chose the hp envy 5530 (sorry put 4500 incorrectly in orig question!)
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
What is your computer operating system? Can you print a test page?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I delete the printer and reload it as a new printer the test print works etc and I can print from the web but its not working with Word or Excell etc, ive tried to download the new windows 10 but although it said my laptop was allegeable for the free down load it wouldn't work ? how can I find out the computer operating system?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a Start button in the lower left corner of your screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Select Start and type "computer" in the search box. It should find "This PC" desktop app.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is windows home 7 the answer ? :-)
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Yes. What happened when you tried to upgrade to Windows 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it would take for ever and then the last few "important" things showed as failed
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
We can uninstall and reinstall your printer software. That should take care of the problem. Do you know how to open the Windows 7 Control Panel?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive done that about 8 times now?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Okay. Go to the Printer window and delete the printer icons. Then go to the Programs window and uninstall all the programs for the HP5530. Be careful not to uninstall any other programs while you are selecting the programs to uninstall. (Read the OK message carefully before selecting the OK button.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but ive uninstalled it so many times and reloaded with the installation dc, will doing it again make any difference?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cd not dc!
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
The installation cd is not the best source for the drivers. It is a good practice to download them from the official HP website, so that you have the advantage of the latest upgrades and bug fixes. I am sending you the link. However, before uninstalling, use the Solution Finder diagnostic button on this webpage to detect your printer and any problems with the setup:http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5500-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5304881/model/5304882/drivers/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive tried that a few times also, will try again now :-)
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Have you actually uninstalled the software using the Uninstall Programs feature on the Control Panel, or have you only reinstalled the drivers after deleting the print server icons?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
It makes a difference. The only way to get a clean installation is by uninstalling everything first. Otherwise, you may just replicate the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it just says no solutions available for this product.yes ive deleted via the uninstall feature
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to find the way to reinstall using the links on the hp website but I couldn't find it hence why ive kept using the cd?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Have you gone to the Drivers page on the website and selected the Check Now button to check for updates or used the Go button to go directly to the Full Solution software drivers for your printer. Have you downloaded and installed your printer drivers from here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ahh that's where it is, ok just done it via that option and still get the error "windows can not print due to a problem with current printer set up"
let me try again after uninstalling via the control panel ....
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Good job!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
argghhh no getting exactly the same error message :-(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ive just run the solutions option again on the hp website and it suggests turning off router laptop and printer and basically rebooting, will I then loose the link to you?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
After the Windows 10 installation failed, were you given the option to undo the installation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I wasn't it just said failed and an option to try again?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any other applications that you can print from, such as Microsoft Outlook?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hotmail, works fine ?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Outlook is an email desktop client that is part of Microsoft Office. Do you use it for Hotmail, or do you get your Hotmail directly from the web? Can you print your email from Hotmail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
direct from the web, yes it prints fine
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Even now, after you got that error message when you did a download/installation that said that Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just opened office and cant print from that either?yes to your last question also. is there a way to reload the Microsoft office programme?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Before we get to that, I just saw one of your earlier messages that I missed the when you sent it. You can restart your computer, your printer, and your router. That is a good idea. You can get back to me by logging into www.justanswer.com and asking for J. Kalman. Please let me know if it takes you back here automatically or if you have to search for my name. If you have difficulty doing that, you can go to your email notification and click on the link.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, back in a bit :-)
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Roger that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope, didn't make the slightest difference, still getting error messages on any word excel etc documents
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
How did you acquire Microsoft Office? Do you have the installation software, or did you download it. Purchase or subscription?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the software, and then renewed on line, I don't know where the orig disk is? it allows me to open, create documents and send by email etc, would it tell me if it needed renewing, how do I do this?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
By the way, were you able to return to this conversation just by logging into www.justanswer.com? Did you have to search for me by name Or did you use the email link?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I couldn't find a way to search for anyones name so I logged in through the emailed link
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
So you basically purchased the software and then repurchased a newer version online, right? If you download the new version, Microsoft should have a record of it. But, since the error messages are about Windows, not Office, I think we need to repair your Windows software.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for answering the previous question, so that I can understand the customer experience.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Please open Notepad and type something there and see if you can print it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, error box came up and said "The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request"
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
So, if you cannot print from Notepad, that is definitely a Windows problem, not an Office problem. How long ago did your Windows 10 upgrade fail to install? Do you remember the exact date? We will need to restore your operating system to a Restore Point just before that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sunday evening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it will take long or can I come back to this tomorrow?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
It will take a long time. Do you mind rating me now and opening a new question tomorrow? You can ask for me J. Kalman.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wont that mean I have to pay twice?
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but we have been at this a long time, and your price for this question is very minimal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that but it isn't solved and everything I have done ie install uninstall is things ive done already over the last few days myself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't worry I appreciate its time consuming but when the service was advertised it said pay once and 100% resolution
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
No, you did not download your drivers from the HP website. You only installed from your cd. It was necessary o do that so that we could troubleshoot the problem. Restoring your operating system is beyond the scope of your original question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok don't don't worry then, thanks for trying to help
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
I want to do more than try to help. I want to solve your problem. I was just negotiating on the price you. I WILL HONOR THE PROMISE MADE BY JUST ANSWER TO PAY ONCE AND PROBLEM SOLVED. Please return tomorrow, and we will proceed to restore your operating system to a configuration previous to the aborted Windows 0 upgrade.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
before the aborted Windows 10 upgrade. TALK TO YOU TOMORROW THEN.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Even though I think the question is undervalued, I have not forgotten the promise that I made to resolve your Windows printing problem. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!