Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Canon MX870 B200 error on screen wont print to my Macbook Pro.

Canon MX870 B200 error on screen wont print to my Macbook Pro. Urgent help required.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the power to the printer by unplugging it from the power socket and wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me if you still get the error.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So removed power for ten minutes and then switched on again still B200 error
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard in the printer that has faulted (hardware issue).
Residue power or corruption of the firmware can cause this but we have now ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.