Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a HP photosmart 5510 printer( Print Scan Copy Web )

I have a HP photosmart 5510 printer( Print Scan Copy Web ) the touch screen will not work but it will print from the Laptop I cannot use Scan Copy or Web
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the printer and wait 10 minutes (so unplug the printer from the power socket)
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me please if the touch screen now responds please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it is just the same
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the touch screen receiver that has faulted.
Residue power or a corrupted firmware can cause this but we have ruled this out, which confirms the issue.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.