Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Why does my MG6150 printer print - (space hyphen space)

Why does my MG6150 printer print - (space hyphen space) as †̏
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was it printing fine previously?Does this issue occur when printing a (Word) document or a PDF file or an email message, etc.?Does this issue occur when printing from the a particular program?Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an intermittent problem. It happened yesterday in an email I sent quoting a bank sorting code 16 - 00 - 01 and in printing out my copy it appeared as 16 †̏ 00 †̏ 01.It has only occurred in emails sent but only occasionally.When I just printed the same unalterred email again just now and it printed correctly.Yes, only in printing copies of an email sent have I noticed it.I have Windows 7 on PC. Thank you.
Thank you. How about printing a (Word) document with hyphens?
What email do you use, such as, yahoo, hotmail, gmail, aol, etc.?
Do you go to your email website to use email? Or do you use an email client program,such as Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, etc. ?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never had a problem with a Word document that I can recall.
I use Demon.
I use Windows LIve Mail..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You previous expert has opted out of working with you so I have taken over.
Do the emails still show a - or they now show a †̏ when viewing them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
The emails remain as typed and the stored email prints correctly with hyphens when printed this morning.
Martin
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This can be an issue with corruption in internet explorer as windows live uses this as its processing engine.
Please do the following in Internet Explorer
Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options
Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.
Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset
Then restart the computer and tell me please if you still have the issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do that.
As this is an intermittent fault, I will of course not be able to know if it has rectified the problem until it occurs again, which could be weeks ahead. All I can do is confirm later today that I have done what you advise
Thanks for your help, let's hope it works. Regards, Martin
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem Martin, I have marked this question to never close, so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know at any time here.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering