Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Have a Canon MG4250 and Apple Mac running on OS X El Capitan

Have a Canon MG4250 and Apple Mac running on OS X El Capitan 10.11.1.
I cannot get the Canon Image Garden software to load. Have tried re-installing from Canon website but still nothing loads. Error 404 appears.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you with your problem. Error 404 is a File Not Found error. I was unable to find any separate My Image Garden drivers for your printer. However, if you will download the official drivers for your printer from the Canon website, the MIG software may be included. Please select this link:http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg4250.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
It is best to stay away from websites other than Canon, because they may contain viruses. If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as described before contacting 'justanswer'. I downloaded the 3 files but Image garden still does not appear. The printer works OK but I need Image garden to be able to edit photos. I will try again tonight. I am more familiar with PC's and their operating. Could it be a problem that the driver is located on my Mac but it cannot find it ?
I think the problem is that My Image Garden is not available for the latest versions of OSX yet. The latest version I found was this v.3.1.0 for OSX v.10.6. You can give it a try: http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0200256302.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got It working ! Found a newer version of My Image Garden on Canon website under software heading (confusingly not under driver heading. Anyway it works, so I am happy. Thanks for help.