Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Printer HP LaserjetP3015 - put new toner in, error keeps coming

Printer HP LaserjetP3015 - put new toner in, error keeps coming up with - open back door and press down. Have done this, to no avail. What to do next?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try turning Off the printer, and unplugging it from the power.Then leave it that way, unplugged, for an hour or so.Then after that interval, plug it in to the power again, and turn it On. See if that clears the error.If it does not, then try taking the toner cartridge out, examining the space it fits into for leakage of toner, and putting it back in its proper place, firmly. And closing up everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** didn't get back to you straight away - Have tried all those things - and it is still not working - still has the message - Open back door and push down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have just seen a code at the beginning of the messwage - 13.20.00
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It is very helpul of you to note that code - which makes a bit of significance.That means a jam in the fuser area.Often, in your model of HP printer, the fuser area problem is not a real jam, but a paper presence / paper passage sensor in the wrong status: Fuser with two sensors If a spring that holds each of those sensor switches in place (so that a paper sheet passing by pushes them into the other position), is broken or dislodged, the sensor 'flags' will be in the wrong position, and falsely registering a piece of paper there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** finish. Thanks for your help - I am going to buy a new printer.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
That's a solution, though if the problem really is just a loose or broken spring in a swinging paper sensor switch, then that's not much to fix, and quite a small reason for a printer having to be replaced.
Thank you for consulting JustAnswer.com. I hope your experience was such that you will return at another time to this site, to ask another question or questions should you have need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, thanks.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** luck.