Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My printer says "6000 printer error has occurred. Turn off

My printer says "6000 printer error has occurred. Turn off power then switch back on again. If problem persists, see manual" I have done this a number of times. The inks are full. I do not have a manual. Can you help with this please?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a little orange triangle with a zigzag mark in it flashing on the cover,
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Then using a flashlight look at all the paper areas for anything jammed it could be a tiny piece of something. Do the same thing looking inside around the ink cartridges. Make sure to use a flashlight as some things you can not see without one. Open and close all paper trays after that. Then turn it back on and load only a single sheet of paper.Turn the machine off and unplug it.Then by hand move the carriage by hand.It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.Then leave it in the middle of the bar.Plug the machine back in and turn it on.Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and re-calibrate it.If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly, having followed your advice, the problem still remains. It will print from the computer, but will not do simple copying.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The error is gone then? Because the 6000 error has nothing to do with copying. That would be a completely different problem for which I need your model number and what happens when you try to copy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It is model Canon Pixma MG6250. After a lot of clicking, the 6000 message comes when I try to do photocopying.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is a very bad sign, how old is the printer? Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot find the bill for it with the other bits and pieces, like the setting up discs. No, no extended warranty. It is only about 4 years old, I think.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The factory warranty only lasts 1 year and the extended warranties normally last around 2 years with the longest I have seen being 5. Meaning even if you had an extended warranty at 4 years old it most likely is no longer covered. Try repeating the steps I gave you but this time look behind the carriage and there should be a white or clear plastic strip. Clean that as best you can, then do the steps to move it back and forth again. If the same thing happens I am sorry to say you would indeed need a part to fix this which can be expensive without a warranty. Due to that a lot of people do decide to replace the machine instead as that can be cheaper. If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.