Jess
Jess, Technician
Experience:  Fix laser, dot matrix and deskjet printers
49766785

Epson XP-412 prints only insert pictures but not text in a

Epson XP-412 prints only insert pictures but not text in a Word Document using Windows 10.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jess replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Is this printer able to print normal or regular text in other programs like Notepad or Wordpad? I am asking this because the problem here could be the black ink. That is, your printer's black ink could be empty or clogged already.Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, Stupid me!! The printer has been unreliable with Windows 7(Low Wi-Fi?).Changed to Windows 10 and USB connection at same time, to get reliability. Copying mode was OK before I started Lounge decoration project, but not now, maybe the Black Cartridge dried up during this long period although Level was still indicating 3/4 full. Wife kept using the C64 as the working option. I missed the fact that the black chevron was missing on nozzle check. I have changed the Cartridge and it works. Thank you for your lead, I will keep in mind to change the Cartridge first and not go for faulty incompatible S/W. Thanks once again, worth the Fee just for peace of mind.
Expert:  Jess replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barry,Thank you for writing back and I am glad that your printer is now working fine after changing the cartridge. Since it is not printing text, and most text contents in a document are in black, so I suspected it was the black ink cartridge. And I am glad that your printer is now back in action!I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards,Jess