Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Printer is an HP 6830 and repeatedly defaults to "problem with

Printer is an HP 6830 and repeatedly defaults to "problem with printhead 19a0003". Switched on and off, disconnected and reconnected. Don't know how to get at printheads so lost!
Adrian
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The first step Adrian, can you remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket) then wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power, turn it on and tell me what then happens please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I now have a full screen as normal
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now if you try to print, how does it work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it printed 1 page but when i tried for another up came the "problem with printhead" screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
From the printer control panel display, touch Setup.
Touch Printer Maintenance
Choose to perform a print head clean
Once it has finished tell me if it then prints please Adrian.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I touch "clean printhead" it appears to be doing nothing - I forget to mention that I had tried this earlier with no result. You touch the screen and it reverts to the same screen! Nothing's happening at all.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that confirms the issue
It is the printhead that has faulted. These you cannot clip out so they are not by themselves replaceable, they need to dismantle it to switch it out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this done. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.