Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Printer failure

printer failure
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What model is this? All I have is "printer failure " from you, what exactly is it doing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charged £22 and have not recieved any answer to my question
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when it prints out only the colour yellow shows, yet the other cartridges are half full.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
I still need the printer model please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hp inkjet 7500A serial no. MY281310NR05JB
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** have a failing part. Have you tried cleaning it by hand yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I wouldn't know how to. It sounds very tricky
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
It should not be too hard.Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.There is a small area on the cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area, ink should not come out by itself when not being pushed.Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 secondsPlug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Test the machine and let me know the results either way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done as you said. The first clean the printer heads operation produced test colours which were mixed. After a second deep clean the colours were not mixed, though a tiny bit streaky on the magenta. Black was ok in both cases.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok it sounds like it got slightly better. When cleaning manually this way it can take up to 3 tries. You should not need to run the built in cleaning. Instead please follow these steps again and try to print something like a picture as a test instead of the nozzle page. Let me know the results either way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks OK now. Thanks.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome and If you have any questions at all reply and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.