Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Canon pixma 5350 printer error b200

Customer Question

canon pixma 5350
printer error b200
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Is it the same number every time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried cleaning it yet If you open the machine as if to change the ink does the carriage move over to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO IT DOESN'T move
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.Then leave it in the middle of the bar.Plug the machine back in and turn it on.Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.Let me know the results either way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is still displaying the same error b200
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Did it move over freely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, fairly freely
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.There is a small area on the ink cartridges ink will come out of when pushed that is normal just get any dried ink off of that area.Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 secondsPlug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges messageInsert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.Let me know the results either way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I'm still getting the same message. I need to rest now I'm afraid. I might get back to you later, I never got the
insert cartridges message
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That is not a good sign. Remove the ink cartridges again but this time remove the print head as well.This can be different for every machine. There may be a lever on the carriage you can lift, the entire front of the carriage may lift.Or the front of the carriage will pull towards you to release the print head, let me know once it is removed.There are a few types of Canon machines the print head can not be removed on, if you do not see anything like what I mentioned above you have one of these. Let me know if that turns out to be the case.You can take all the time you need to get back to me.