Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an HP printer and I am trying to scan a document

Customer Question

Hi I have an HP printer and I am trying to scan a document into my computer but the printer keeps saying the computer is not responding. Switched off left it 10 minutes switched back on still the same.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please let me know the operating system (E.g. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7) and connection type (USB or wireless), so that I can assist you better.Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay - operating system recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 (regret doing it I can't find things now!)
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to print from the computer?
How do you connect the printer to the computer? Using USB cable?
S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can print from the computer. I should mention that I have an HP printer and use non HP ink and my printer seems to have been programmed to object. My ink supplier says this happens sometimes and advised me to switch the machine off and disconnect it for ten minutes and then reconnect. I did this and initially it worked and the printer started operating OK but since going to Windows 10 it does not seem to work so well and it has slowed right down. Any suggestions as to how this can be corrected. Apologies for slow responses I am a carer to my wife who is elderly and quite ill with MS.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Please try downloading and installing the latest driver for your printer from the link below.http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-3520-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5162504/model/5162505. Thank you.S H E F I N