JoelK
JoelK, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My Samsung laser colour printer Xpress C410w is in need It

Customer Question

My Samsung laser colour printer Xpress C410w is in need It now powers on then runs through its checks ie lights on cartridge warnings come on then off in sequence several times , then it seems fine for approx. 14 seconds then a loud click and the power up process starts again. this seems to be on a loop? The computer cannot find it at all now when previously I had no issues? I have had this printer a week over a year and Samsung wont do anything about it , no advice, nothing. I have £100 of new cartridges for this damn printer so would like to know it its fixable please?
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my phone number is *****
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Unfortunately once over a year unless you have an extended warranty no Manufacturer will do anything anymore. Does it have any blinking lights or anything light that when this happens? Do you get an error at all? How is it connected to the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it WAS connected to computer by lead sent with printer square end. when trying to print, computer said no printer found. Printer just keeps looping on start up sequence, no error lights. not connected to computer now but same thing happens?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Can you check that cable please? You may even want to disconnect and reconnect both ends.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done that several times!
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Did you use a different port on the computer as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no but the printer is not connected to the computer at all now?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok please connect the other end of the cable to a different port than it was before on the computer and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
exactly the same is happening to printer with it connected to another usb port
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Do you happen to have another usb cable you can test with so we can rule out the cable? If not do you have another computer you can try and install the printer on so we can rule out the issue being on the computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes have tried that before but just did this again now. same result printer looping start up sequence
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Tried which before? I gave two options. The first one would rule out the cable, the second would rule out the computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no to another computer but my old printer was plugged it to test and it and that printer worked fine
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That unfortunately does not help we need to find out if something else will be able to detect this printer properly. Because the port on the printer itself may have failed and would cause this issue. Unfortunately to test that you need to connect it to another computer even if it is a borrowed laptop for 5 minutes. Unfortunately if the port turns out to be the cause normally you need to replace a board to fix it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a laptop and most of my friends have ipads insteadof lap tops. how much would it cost to replace this board? can I do this?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Without a warranty it is normally cheaper to replace the machine than the board. It can be hard to find making it somewhat expensive because to get them you have to remove them from another machine. Samsung does not make replacement boards for this model. Usually they are around €75 to €100 for the part alone. If you have never done it before I do not suggest trying it yourself. The labor would be an hour at the shops rate but a lot of shops will not do this repair. The reason they will not do it is because you can usually replace the machine cheaper. If you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. I work on all brands and models. I would however suggest trying to test it somehow first to make sure it actually is the port.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also use this printer to print from my phone and the phone is telling me thr printer is unplugged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the iphone uses the Samsung app and no printer is being detected
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Is the phone connected Via WiFi to it or shared from the computer? The same board is used for WiFi so if it is connected that way it would unfortunately normally mean the board is indeed the problem. If shared it would not connect because it would need to connect to the computer first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wifi
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
The Samsung app is wireless so unfortunately that would normally be the board I mentioned before. It is the main board sometimes called the logic board depending on who you are talking to. I do not know of anywhere that is currently selling them for this model. As I mentioned you normally have to take it out of another one to get it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no an error message on onephone says network connectionerror during transfer data to the device TCP/IP PORT
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
That means it can not connect over wifi, was the computer ever connected with wifi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it was mostly using wifi, only last month I connected it to computer, and its been fine till now
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok you most likely just have a network configuration issue then from that error. I will need to opt out and move this to networking for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this printer was bought to use with my iphone and ipad. it was working fine not connected to anything before. why do you now think it has to be connected to a computer when it just wont start up correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm guessing this was a waste of time and money, as I told you in my original question that I had tried all your suggestions before I spoke to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There has been no more contact two days later so im guessing you are not actually going to answer my original question at all.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Joel. My specialty is networks, and I take care of network related printer problems. The previous specialist has extensive experience repairing printers. I do not think it is necessary, or even possible to troubleshoot network problems, because your printer is power cycling. I think Freddy diagnosed your problem accurately and provided you with a satisfactory recommendation, which is to replace the printer. There is something that you may be able to do, before we give up on your printer. You will need to be quick about it, because you will only have 14 seconds before the power cycles. Use the menus on the printer control panel, and go to Setup - Tools - Restore Factory Defaults. There is no downside to doing this, but this is a last resort. If it does not work, and you want to get a new printer, I can provide general recommendations, based upon my experience, or you can get some from the previous technician. Perhaps you can get the store where you purchased replacement cartridges to exchange them for new ones for your new printer. Please let me know if the factory reset works for you and if there is anything else that I can do for you.
Expert:  JoelK replied 1 year ago.
If you are still having problems, or if you have any questions, please let me know. IF I HAVE SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, I WOULD APPRECIATE A GOOD OR AN EXCELLENT RATING. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING.