Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

Epson printer WF7620, error code 0x9a, printer will not run.

Epson printer WF7620, error code 0x9a, printer will not run. How can I sort it out?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This message indicates a carriage fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Then wipe down the encoder strip, which is a clear plastic strip running the width of the printer, that sits just slightly above and behind the carriage.Then reset the machine:unplug power at the wall outletwait 5 minutespress and hold the power/on button for 60+ secondskeep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. As soon as I reconnect the power I get the bongs and the error message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan, thanks for the help. I have done as you suggest, but as soon as I replug-in the power I get bongs and the 0x9a error window coming up.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying.How long have you had the printer for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
maybe a year and a half.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, the persistence of the error after the above indicates actual internal damage - there is a fault in the carriage drive system.This is something that would ultimately require repair.Once the warranty period is past though, they typically are not worth fixing. You can buy a brand new printer with a fresh warranty for the same or less than you'd spend to repair this one.This is still a current/production model, so you can buy the same one again to be able to utilize your existing in supplies.http://amzn.to/1R2Yvgu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe you are right, what a waste of materials! I will think on what you say, thanks for your help, I will go to the top of the page and rate you now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
It wouldn't hurt to ring epson and complain, you may be able to get them to give you some credit or trade in value toward replacement even if they won't honor the warranty at this point. You're welcome, and best of luck to you. Best regards,Nathan