Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

I have a hp 3050A printer. Have just put in a new black ink

I have a hp 3050A printer. Have just put in a new black ink cartridge and a colour cartidge but it will only print the top half of the alignment page
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. These symptoms point to either a clogged/contaminated print head, or a faulty print head (or the logic board that controls it). You can try going into the setup/maintenance menu on the machine and running the “clean print head” function, if it doesn’t work try it a second time. If it still doesn’t print anything, you’ll need to do a manual cleaning. Let me know how this works and I'll advise on the manual options next.