Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

Just received Epson printer xp-355. How do I set up WiFi for

Just received Epson printer xp-355.
How do I set up WiFi for printing from my MacBook
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a brand new printer?What is the brand / model of your Internet modem/router device?Did you install the printer's CD disk or download yet?Have you gone to the Wi-Fi Setup menu on the printer's screen, then select / connect to your wi-fi/wireless network name and check?Can you please click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on About this Mac..., then tell me our Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, ..., 10.10, 10.11, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes brand new
BT hub 3
Tried to install CD but seems to be for windows system only
Thank you. I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you? Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mac OS X
Yes
Thank you. Please do the following in order to connect remotely with me:Click on the website below:http://www.teamviewer.com/Then there, download and install the TeamViewer application.Then tell me the ID and Password ***** will show in the TeamViewer application.(Do not close the TeamViewer application.)Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have downloaded where can I open it
Click on the download icon (small arrow icon at the upper right corner), then double-click on the item TeamViewer and install it; (Or open Finder, then there, click on Downloads on the left, then double-click on the file TeamViewer and install it.), then tell me the ID and Password ***** will show in the TeamViewer application., (do not close the TeamViewer application.)Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only way this can work is by phone.
Can you call me ***********
I'm sorry. I do live online support, and phone call does not really help in this case because we will need to download and install the printer's driver /software from the internet (as the printer's CD disk is for Windows computer only.) I will connect remotely to your computer and do this for you.- Click on Finder (smiley face icon on the Dock), then click on Downloads, then open / install the TeamViewer file there, then tell me the ID and Password ***** in the TeamViewer application.Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-#### 1nr3a7
I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.