Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

While replacing PGBK XL ink tank 550 in my MG7550 (the first

Customer Question

While replacing PGBK XL ink tank 550 in my MG7550 (the first time I've set out to do this) I have done so with the tank upside down !!!! Prize idiot !!!! And I thought I was following the instructions so carefully. So it went in and I pressed down. But it is standing up above the other tanks level and no lamp visible, of course. The carriage has attempted to move to the right. The inverted tank is stopping it from moving. I need to get the carriage back centrally, I think, to have any chance of correcting my foolish error. I never got in this pickle with iP8500, which lasted seven years, by the way. What advice can you offer, please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.Turn the machine off and unplug it.Then by hand move the carriage by hand.It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.Then leave it in the middle of the bar and reseat the ink.Plug the machine back in and turn it on.Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.