VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

My Epson 3800 printer is doubling up the image, like

Customer Question

Hello, my Epson 3800 printer is doubling up the image, like ghosting, so the image is being printed twice, the second just to the left of the first. PLEASE CAN YOU HELP?? Many thanks, Simon
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. I need to know how old is the Printer? When did this issue start? Is this a reoccurring issue or new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
The printer is 6 yrs old. Not used a great deal. The doubling started only recently. Occurs when printing text or photos.
At present its therefore unusable and I need urgently to correct this for a deadline.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
OK, you are in the UK so you are folks giving it to your straight. The issue is the Printhead and it needs to be replaced or deep cleaned witha Cleaning Kit Sir or Madam.....
For the cleaning kits with in the UK: http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Cleaning-%7B47%7D-Flushing/
Now the Printhead for this printer is rather expensive. From $350.00 and up on Ebay or Amazon UK sites.
So a "Deep Cleaning" with a cleaning system or replacing the Printhead. This is the only way to improve the quality of your printing..
Let me know of your thoughts...
Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=epson+PRO3850+3800+DX7+printhead-F177000&_sacat=0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would double printing be a printhead problem. What has happened to the printhead? Especially if the printer is not used that often.
Due to it's age it needs to be replaced. Now when you run a head cleaning or print alignment. What does it look like? Ghosted images also??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Just run a print alignment and there is no ghosting on the test printout.
Might the problem be connected to settings rather than the hardware?My mobile phone number is ***** 446 776 (UK). Please call
Ok Mr Simon, there should be a phone call offer from JA in your email. Just accept that and I can call you Sir...
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience: I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not understand your reply. "Phone call offer" from JA??
Ok, I need a little bit of time and I will call you. I am on with another s=customer in FL at this moment...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting on the end of the phone - its been over 40 mins...
So sorry.. Trying to make it go faster. Also my number is(###) ###-#### ***** should be free in 30 minutes..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'll be waiting for you to ring me. Simon
Ok Sir...
About to call you Sir...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. (Its now 22.30 pm UK time)
I see....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you call asap.
Awaiting the loading of funds to clear for the International call.. Please forgive the delay...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is going on please? I have paid for an URGENT response, plus a phone call fee, and I'm working to a deadline.
Its now nearly midnight and I'm still waiting.
Just checking that your Country Code is 44?
Ok. Please try the these drivers: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=79928&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X6 Please install, Reboot both the MAC and the Printer and try printing again Sir...
Please try this Sir: Go to the Printers & Scanners system preferences (perhaps called Print & Scan, or Print & Fax).Click the lock to authenticate.Right-click (or control-click) the list of printers along the left-hand side.Choose the Reset Print System option that shows (it will be the only one in the contextual menu).Confirm you wish to reset your print system.
Please do this Sir:
Completely Reset the Printer System in OS X and Remove All Printers & Jobs
This works the same in all versions of OS X, be it Mavericks, Yosemite, Snow Leopard, etc
From the  Apple menu choose “System Preferences” and select the Printers preference panel
Control+Click in the left side printer list (or optionally, right-click on a specific printer if one is shown) and select “Reset Print System…”
Reset the printing system in Mac OS X
Enter the admin password ***** requested and confirm that you want to wipe out all printers, scanners, and faxes, and all of their queued jobs
Reset the printing system in OS X and remove all printers and their jobs
When the printer system reset has finished, go ahead and re-add the printer as usual by clicking the [+] button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for this, just seen. Cannot see or find "Reset print system", so have stalled at this point. Please advise.
Ok... Holds on please....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Managed to delete the printer, by pressing minus, and then re-adding, but not solved the problem. Don't know if the removal of the printer actually "re-set" the settings.
Once you delete the Printer, restart the MAC and then readd the Printer again....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Completed the deletion of the printer from the list, then restarted the computer, but still doesn't solve the problem... ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its 3.15am in the morning and I have reached the time to stop. Thank you for your help so far. Problem not yet solved but I hope we can resume tomorrow please. Any thoughts you have in the mean time would be appreciated. Simon
Then did you re-add the printer Sir...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Yes the printer was re-added. Problem not solved. Please advise.
Ok. Not good. Where in the UK are you. Meaning what is the closest Major City nearest you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just seen your message.
London
Ok, give me a few minutes....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you. Traveling home after work. Will arrive in one hour and then the computer will be in front of me.
Excellent Sir....
Berrys of Holborn Ltd
Telephone:(###) ###-####7326
Mobile: 07966 514010
Or
JAB Technical Services Ltd
Tel: 01727 222059
Tel: 01923 609085
Lastly
http://printerrepairlondon.co.uk/
0800 526 716
They have an Excellent rep in London.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now home. Do these addresses indicate that you can not solve the problem and I need to contact them?
Yes, you will need to call them and schedule a visit.