Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Just had similar problem with MG6353. Removed jammed paper

Hi, Just had similar problem with MG6353. Removed jammed paper from front tray but the ink tray is now under left hand side. error code is 6000
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
The error code 6000 is an internal error indicating a mechanical fault and usually requires the unit to be servicedhowever you may try the below steps first remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forthalso clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on itclean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcoholonce these steps have been done check the paper feed tray, roller assembly area and the area where the carriage moved for any stuck obstruction like paper, paper clips, pins etc and if found remove it. you can blow air in these areasonce done turn the unit back on and check if even after performing the above steps, the error continues, then an internal error has occoured. If the unit is within warranty cover get the unit serviced through CanonIf the unit is out of warranty, then you may contact a local repair store for service.However, repairs\replacement of parts in such case is costly and it is more cost effective to opt in for a new unit. i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further