VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Ink Absorber almost full - how do I deal?

Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry to hear of this issue. It is should not take too much time to resolve.You have a few options Sir or Madam.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK - tell me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No additional cost phone call, but I did signal this is urgent.
Your Options: 1) You can use the Ink Reset code to continue working as normal. But note that warning appears when you are at around 80% of the Ink Absorbers Capacity. Most likely with in the next 60 days the pads will become full and possibly over flow.2) Visit Best Buy, Walmart, Staples, Office Depot or any other well known office supply store to acquire ink absorber pads. They can be cut to the shape of your current pads and take about 10 minutes or less to replace. I am unsure what the equivalent stores are in the UK where you are. My apologies for that.3) Have any major office store in the UK do the procedure for you. They will charge a labor fee.
Please let me know which option is best for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - that's fine.
Which one Sir or Madam?
Please consider a Positive Rating for the Service Received. Also, BONUSES are always welcome.
Reset Procedure:
Make sure the printer is turned off.
Press and hold the Resume button (triangle inside a circle).
Whilst it is held down, hold down the Power button. The green led light should come on.
Keep the Power button held down. Release the Resume button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
Release the Power button.
Press the Resume button four times and then press the Power button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
Turn off the printer and then turn it on again