Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair
59725966

Can you service the following Epson Stylus Photo R2400?

Can you service the following
Epson Stylus Photo R2400?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.Can you tell me the complete message you are seeing, please? It will usually give a specific code number, or flash some lights on the printer itself (such as the alarm/error and ink lights alternating)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I paid £18-00 yesterday, looked at your offer of today and when I pressed "accept this offer", I was immediately asked to pay a further £18-00. what's going on? Yesterday you asked me to relay the message in the printer status window, this was to the effect that some components in the printer were nearing the end of their service life and the printer needed servicing. Since then the printer has stopped woking and there are lights flashing for "low ink" and "paper jam".
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What you paid initially is for online chat based support, talking to me here in this format.You then asked for a call, which is a separate service an an additional fee. The call is option, but was sent at your request. I understand what lights you have, but I need to know specifically if they are flashing at the same time, or alternating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are alternating
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.Unfortunately, there is no quick or easy fix here. This message indicates a hardware problem, specifically that that the internal "ink absorber system" is full. The ink absorber is a series of pads/tanks, which catch drips from the printhead when parked, and is also used for maintenance tasks like cleaning and purging.Eventually this absorber fills up, and the printer shuts down operations, as continuing to operate it can result in ink overflowing the system, damaging your desk, flooring, etcWhile it is sometimes possible to temporarily reset the counter, this is dangerous as the system will likely overflow. Cleaning/emptying/replacing the system is a difficult and messy process as well, best left to a qualified service technician. This service is generally not practical though - it's going to run you $150-250 for repairs, which just isn't worth it for an older printer. This is a 10 year old model, that was built for a service life of 3 years. If you have reached the point that the absorber has filled, then other wear items like the printhead, feed rollers, etc are also going to be at the end of their lives and need service/replacement soon.Given the costs and complexity of fixing this issue, you'd be better off replacing the printer. You can get a brand new and better machine, with current technology and a fresh warranty, for about $80, which makes more sense than investing in the older machine.I can recommend replacement options for you if you'd like, or if you'd prefer to try having it serviced or working on it yourself, I can advise further on those options. Replacement would be your best bet though, economically speaking. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Computer networking/repair. 20+ years experience printer repair