Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Paper stuck in the printer, tried pulling out, but only half

Paper stuck in the printer, tried pulling out, but only half came out leaving half stuck inside and can't get to it.. Please advise ASAP
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. What to do depends upon the model of printer. If it's a Canon, turn it Off, then wait a few minutes, then turn it On again, and the printer may eject it automatically.If not a Canon, please Reply To Expert, and tell me what the maker and model of the printer is, and where exactly in the printer the paper 1/2-sheet is still stuck. And I will advise you further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My printer is a canon, but i've tried switching off, but it remained stuck inside. Please advise
Please let me know where exactly in the printer the half-sheet is. That way I can direct you as to where to access it and how to remove it.
Also tell me if the printer shows any numeric error code, or text message. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where the paper goes in to be printed is where it got stuck, I then tried to pull it out, but only half came out, leaving the other half stuck and unreachable.... Code displayed is 1003
That error code indicates no paper in the paper tray. Put paper in the paper tray, put the paper tray back into the printer properly, and press RESUME/CANCEL to continue. This might hopefully free up the printer's circuits to sense the paper and expel the half-sheet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Doesn't seem to be freeing the stuck paper, and therefore not allowing new paper to be fed through the machine?
OK. I'm sorry to hear that, and it had to be tried. What model of Canon printer do you have, please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mx 535
Support documentation that I can find, for that specific model, is not very good. If the printer has a rear hatch, open the rear hatch or remove the rear panel (otherwise known as an 'auto-duplex unit'.) See if you can see or reach the remaining paper from there. If the printer has a under-the-printer slot, the paper might show and be removable there, too. But that's a process that requires exact directions and great care to avoid breaking the printer.