Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

CananMG2950 printer My power light is glowing green my internet

cananMG2950 printer
My power light is glowing green my internet connection is glowing blue but an orange light is on next to a sign B how do I turn off the orange light please
Regards ***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
If the light beside B is on then, it means the black cartridge is low or empty. Please check the ink level from your PC to confirm and replace the cartridge to solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have changed the light is still on
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Did you checked the ink level from your PC, before replacing the cartridge ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes a warning that it was low came up on my screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I turn it off and reboot it if so can you run me through the startup procedure please
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please press down the reset button for 5 secs. and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I warned you I was computer illiterate is the reset button the red circle with a triangle in it??
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Yes. you are correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pressed the restart for 5 seconds and it's still on
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
OK, then power off the printer and power on it after few secs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
rstarted after a couple of seconds and the orange lamp is now flashing 4 times every couple of seconds
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please remove and reseat the cartridge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have done that and now the orange lamp next to the white triangle is flahing 4 times every couple of seconds but the orange light next to the B has gone out
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update, can you try to check the ink level from the PC and let me know, what is showing there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't find the printer icon on my screen to check status
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
OK, if the light is still blinking then, it means either the new cartridge is defective or the printhead. Try one thing, install the old cartridges and let me know, if the light stop blinking or not , after power off and on the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
believe or not the orange light is now of but the power light (green ) is flashing
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the cartridge with the new one and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Blue and green on white triangle orange light flashing
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
The new cartridge is defective. Please replace it to solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when opening the flap to get to the cartridge the printer does not send them to the centre for me to change them
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
Please turn off and on the printer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
turned printer off then on . Green andd blue lamps on plus white triangle flashing orange carridge not moving might have a printer malfunction should I take it back to where I bought it it is under guarantee ?
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
I think, you have not reinstall the old cartridge properly and that is why the cartridges get jammed. If the printer is still under warranty then, you can get it replaced free of cost.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that is my next step I didn't get much paperwork with the printer where should I start to get it replaced??
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 1 year ago.
You can call the number for the replacement. +44 (0)207(###) ###-####
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience: Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing