Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a Canon Pro-10S and I have an issue with a paper jam

I have a Canon Pro-10S and I have an issue with a paper jam error although there is no paper jam and there has never been a jam. When I first got the error message I turned off the printer at the mains and restarted the computer. The error message went and I was able to print out a number of sheets. The next day I got the error message 1300 and the 3 flashing orange lights and I have been unable to reset it. I have turned the printer off at the mains left it overnight and restarted the connected computer but still the error message and 3 flashing orange lights. Just to clarify there is no paper jammed and I have checked many times to see if there is anything in the printer but it is absolutely clear.Can you help?PS I have asked this question before but I was unable to read the answer due to a glitch in your system, so I am asking it again. Thanksandy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
there is a flash code it gives, you indicated 3 flashes, is it still flashing 3 times in sequence Andy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Even a small piece of paper on the sensor can set this off.
Can you remove the power at the mains and use a vacuum and vacuum out the rear tray, the manual feed tray then open it and inside the printer.
If your able to, after this and with it open, hold it upside down and give it a little shake and then vacuum again in the event the piece has been dislodged.
Then connect the power and tell me if it now prints please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Richard I will try. I am not by the printer at the moment but as soon as I can I will try and let you know.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RichardI have done the vacuum and turned the printer upside down. When I restarted the fault cleared and I managed to print one sheet with no problems and then I got the error message again without the printer trying to take a second sheet and no jam.
I tried the process again with a little shake and it clears for one sheet and then the fault comes back on.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. It will be a faulting sensor on it and when you do the vacuum and shake it around it clears it until the sensor is used and then it faults again.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RichardThanks for your help with this I suspected that might be the case. The printer is still under warranty (only 36 days old) so I will speak to the retailer. Many thanks you have been a great helpAndy