Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My MP640 keeps advising the ink absorber is almost full. How

My MP640 keeps advising the ink absorber is almost full. How do I remove to clean it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you do the following please
Turn off printer by pressing the power button
press the Stop\reset button and press Power button.
Keep holding down Power button and release Stop\reset button
Press ResumeStop\reset button 2 times then release BOTH buttons
Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
When green lights are solid, press the Stop\reset button 4 times.
Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more.
Tell me if it then allows you to print please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There hasnt been a problem in actually printing - its just been giving us the message that the ink absorber is almost full and we have had to 'press ok' to continue.We have followed the instructions given - and the same message still appears (which we can over-ride). Do we not need to physically clean the ink absorber???
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its a tricky job and best left for a certified computer person to do this, but if your handy you can attempt it via the instructions on the service manual which I have for you on the link below
http://stephane.rouilly.free.fr/blog/canon_mp640-service_manual.pdf
Its on page 35
Bur in effect, you can keep using the printer, as it bases this warning on pages printed, it does not mean its actually full and may not have issues for a very long time, but if you start to notice ink splats on the pages then you would need to replace this. Until then you can use it as it is
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.