Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have used a pixma ip 4300 printer 8 years and have

I have used a pixma ip 4300 printer for about 8 years and have not had any problems until recently the 'paper jam' warning came on without any paper in the machine. I have tried everything to get it working but have failed. Any suggestions?
In the meantime I purchased a Pixma MG 7550 printer and have had all sorts of problems including paper jams, poor print quality and a 'no paper' message when the cassetes are full. I also find it is very costly in ink usage. Not happy with this printer !!!!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
As the first step, can you open the printer (where you put the ink in) and wipe all the rollers down with a cloth. Make sure they are clean and free from any dust or spilt ink.
Then wait 10 minutes for it to try, close it up and try to print.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to reload them printer driver before I can switch it on. It is loading just now then I will try cleaning them rollers.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The printer is live. I have tried printing a document but am still getting 'paper jammed in output slot'. I have checked and no paper has gone into the printer although I have put paper in the delivery tray..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
And if you open the printer, you see no paper jammed there correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard or a paper sensor that has faulted.
Due to the age of this model, a repair is not financially feasible, it is a lot cheaper to purchase a replacement printer as changing the mainboard if it still can be source, would far exceed the value of the printer.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tony, I saw you asked me to call. I tried calling but no one picked up. Is there anything further you wish to discuss on this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Thank you.