Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Had my Canon MG 5550 printer now trouble free. Now it has went completely dead on

Had my Canon MG 5550 printer now for 2yrs trouble free. Now it has went completely dead on me. Mains supply fuse is ok and when I press the ON button nothing happens. Is there an Internal supply fuse in the machine that I should know about? Online manual gives very basic answers to loss of power and ends up by saying to contact manufacturer.
Regards, Arthur.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
There is no internal fuse, but can you unplug it from the mains for 10 minutes, then plug it in and tell me if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still nothing happens when ON button is pressed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal power supply in the printer that has faulted.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying to deal with my problem. Warranty has run out by now (1yr) tho' I'm a bit disappointed that it should develop a major fault after only 2yrs of what I would class as very light work on home use only. I'd possibly be better off purchasing a new printer rather than paying over the odds for a repair.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if the warranty has expired, you are best to purchase a new one as the price of printers are very cheap.
I am sorry it did not last as long as it should (average is 3 years), they are generally very good, you just got one with a faulty power supply unit.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.