Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

I have a pixma MG 2550 printer. The paper is not jammed but

I have a pixma MG 2550 printer. The paper is not jammed but it wont feed properly through the paper channel. The paper just gets crushed. I can see nothing blocking it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you open the printer please, so where you put the ink cartridges in, and check there for any paper as usually it gets jammed there.
Let me know if you see anything please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing there
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you wipe down the rollers and clean them as best as possible.
Let them drive then try to print and tell me how the paper feeds through please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paper is still getting jammed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you take the paper out, flick it between your fingers to make sure its not sticking then try printing.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no luck. The paper has a dent on it where the left roller is. Is this any help ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, just put 3 sheets of paper in, does it still occur?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I di that and it is still sticking and the dent on the paper is in the same place.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the roller covers that has faulted. Its either warn or damaged and not connecting with the paper correctly
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a relatively new printer and has had very little use. Is it still possible that the roller has worn ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will be a Faulty roller, will have been damaged when they made it.
But they will replace it under warranty for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will i need the reciept of purchase ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Depends on where you purchased it from and their policy, but print out a bank transaction that shows the purchase as this is usually enough if you do not have it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the smiley faces then submit.
thank you