Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have an HP Pavilion 500-210ea dektop and have placed an order

I have an HP Pavilion 500-210ea dektop and have placed an order for an HP Envy 5640 which is wireless. Will the desktop work with it or do I need additional equipment?
Help appreciated
Alastair Bruce
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. If you plan to connect the printer directly to the computer, then you will need a USB printer cable. If you have an old USB printer cable, that will work.- If you plan to use wireless printing, and if you have a wireless modem / router device, then you do not need any additional equipment.Please let me know the brand / model of your Internet modem / router device, so I can confirm if you have Wi-Fi / wireless in your home or not.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My modem is a BTHub3-2XHT with a wireless key:fe6c3aee4. Hope this is what you need. I use an internet cable to the computer.
Great. Your BTHub3-2XHT modem has wireless, so you do not need any other equipment. When you get the printer, all you need to do is to install the software CD disk that comes with the printer, and follow the instructions to set up wireless printing. It is simple to install / set up the printer, but if there is any issue, you can always get back to me via the email message from JustAnswer / Viet in your email.Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,
Also, here are the full instructions for setting up the printer HP Envy 5640 for wireless printer:http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-5600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6583033/model/6583034/document/c04326057/If there is still any issue later on, please let me know any time. Thank you again.