Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Sir, I have a canon i100 pixma printer - serial number

Customer Question

Hi sir,
I have a canon i100 pixma printer - serial number ABCJO4808 - which will not print but when tried shows the alternate flashing three times of the green and yellow lights and no suggestion in the manual seems to get it working again, Evan McKay.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Please tell me first, how old this printer is. Also, whether it has had any other problems lately, such as a paper jam, or ink changes, ink low condition, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Russell,I am not sure how old my printer is but at a guess 10 years and it has had no problems before in that time. Evan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My screen shows error 6000. Evan.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
OK. Is that error 6000, on the printer, or on the computer's screen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is on the computer screen the error number. E.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to leave in half an hour for an appointment. E.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) Usually the flash code indicates a severe error in the printer itself... the error on the computer screen probably just refers to the printer being in an unresponsive state owing to its own crisis condition having disabled it. I am looking up the specific flash code you report (three green, and three yellow or amber) and meanwhile, if you must have your attention elsewhere, it's OK to resume this case later. Just take it up again at the URL reserved for your question and case, athttp://www.justanswer.co.uk/printers/9idem-sir-i-canon-i100-pixma-printer-serial-number.html
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
For three flashes, it is suggested that you clear out any and all Paper Jam conditions that your printer senses it is suffering, then press the RESUME/CANCEL button.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience: 11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Sir,I am not sure if you will have my previous answer but have to say while I appreciate your efforts and suggestion that my printer problem remains exactly as first reported so will value hearing from you but am now at a different phone number, Yours Evan.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time, at any number that you may be at; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.) In case you did not get my previous message: For three flashes, it is suggested that you clear out any and all Paper Jam conditions that your printer senses it is suffering, then press the RESUME/CANCEL button. If you have already tried that, with no result and the error still persisting, your printer will need servicing in that case. Or replacement, if you prefer.How old is the printer? if under one year old, you may have it serviced by Canon UK free of charge under warranty coverage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Russell H.,Many thanks for your efforts to solve my problem. Unfortunately my problem seems to have no relation to the paper matter you mention in the solution and so nothing has altered and I have exactly the same problem still and would appreciate further contact, Yours Evan
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I fear there is no more advice to offer, that I can think of. I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.