nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

I can't get my samsung tablet t connect with my printer Canon

I can't get my samsung tablet t connect with my printer Canon pixma mg2950 can you help please
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Try installing Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app from Google Play Store on your Samsung Tab. This app automatically finds compatible PIXMA wireless printers on a Wi-Fi network and let’s you print and scan documents and photos with ease. Reply if you have any query. Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can get credited for my answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still can't get it to work
Are you able to print from other devices or computer?
Try following the steps given in this LINK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have any other devices
Have you checked the steps given in the link which I just gave you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if I have a Google account
If you have a Gmail account then it means that you have a Google Account.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know if I have that. I'm not very good on technology
The Google Account is required in your Samsung Tab. Go to Settings on your Tab, Under Accounts, tell me if there is GOOGLE or GMAIL Account listed or not.
Apart from this, uninstall the app and again install it. Now register your printer according to the steps and revert if you are able to print or not.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have google in my account
Also, you need to set your printer for wifi connection. Follow this LINK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go to work now I will try when I get back
Okay. Reply when you are done with the steps that I have given you.
Follow these steps when you get time:-Hold down Wi-Fi button until you see alarm/power icon flashes 2 times. The wi-fi blue light will start flashing.Now check for available wi-fi networks on your Samsung Tab.( For that go to Settings, under Wireless you will find Wi-fi. Click it to see available networks.) You will find Canon IJ Setup.Now run the Pixma Printing App. Click the image of the printerr. Click Printer Setup - Access Point Connection- Cableless Setup- OK. It will start searching for the available networks.Select your Wi-fi Network and enter password ***** your network.Now open the App again. Click Detect Printer. Your printer will be shown there. Click on it and Agree to the terms and Conditions and you will be ready to go.Hope this helps. Fingers crossed.Please rate the chat POSITIVELY so that I can receive my payments. Thank You.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting to the part where you said to run the pixma that's when I get stuck
What happens when you open the PIxma app on your tab
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find the pixma app
Go to Google Play Store on your tab. Type Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY on the search bar and when you see the result, install that app.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok got that what's next
When installation is complete. Open the app and continue from the above steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its now asking for password
Enter the password ***** your wifi nework.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now got a blank screen
Now close the app. Open it again. and continue from above steps i.e.Now open the App again. Click Detect Printer. Your printer will be shown there. Click on it and Agree to the terms and Conditions and you will be ready to go.
Are you able to print now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's saying printer is not registered
Did you follow the steps which i told you to before installing the app.
Hold down Wi-Fi button until you see alarm/power icon flashes 2 times. The wi-fi blue light will start flashing.Now check for available wi-fi networks on your Samsung Tab.( For that go to Settings, under Wireless you will find Wi-fi. Click it to see available networks.) You will find Canon IJ Setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I did it's a age thing sorry for been a pest
I am here to assist you. I am giving you a video tutorial. Start fresh by following the video and update me with the result. WATCH HERE
This one is rather easier. Watch this video.
Respond if you get stuck anywhere.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Don't forget to rate the chat POSITIVELY if your problem is solved. Thanks.
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's it thanks
Thanks for the ratings. Cheers!