Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Cannon PRXMA MG5600 has been saying please wait momentarily

My Cannon PRXMA MG5600 has been saying please wait momentarily processing for 4 hours. I tried closing everything down but it just come back saying the same thing .
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it is still saying processing please wait momentarily
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It said this as soon as you turned it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you sure nothing else can be done
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, as its not able to clear the memory it confirms the issue, this is why I had you do this action first.