Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

My Canon Pixma MX525 had a paper jam/misfeed which has

My Canon Pixma MX525 had a paper jam/misfeed which has been ejected when following the instructions on the display.
I still have an error code 5100 telling me to switch off, remove the foreign body/paper and switch back on again after checking the ink tanks.
I cannot check the ink tanks as they are positioned on the left side of the printer rail and connot get access
HELP appreciated
Tom
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Switched back on again showing the same error code 5100
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Please open the printer (where you put the cartridges in) and check for any pieces of paper, no matter how small, as any of this can set off the sensor.
Then close it back up and tell me if you still get the error please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No paper or debris seen from the front of the printer
closed the front but same message still displayed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you do the following please
Turn off the printer
Unplug the printer power cable
Press and hold the power button, and restore the power while holding the resume button which is the white triangle with the circle in white.
Then let go of the resume button and while continuing to press the power button press the resume button twice, in short bursts.
Release the power button.
Then let go of the resume button and tell me if the error clears please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This has not worked tried 3 times
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Are the ink tanks sliding out now when you open the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they are still going to the left side of the sliding rail when they should be on the right side for access when the doors are opened
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal logic board that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: 15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering