Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I am still waiting Mac/Canon printer specialist to contact

Customer Question

I am still waiting for a Mac/Canon printer specialist to contact me re a problem the last adviser could not help with:
My Canon MG6350 is in use with a MacBook Pro, running so 10.10.5. When I try to print a photograph, either from Photoshop Elements, or directly from Mac Photos, ai can only get a basic dialogue box that does not allow me to select manual colour control, paper type, etc.
The dialogue box was giving me these options previously (before an OS update) but not now. I have downloaded and installed the latest CUPS driver, no improvement. I then reset the printer system, again still the basic set up. Can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today. Please go to the link given below, download and install the update.https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1742?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US Then, follow the instructions given below. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.Choose Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer. Try printing anything and let me know the response. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried that, it did not change the dialogue box. I am now going to completely uninstall the printer, re-download the latest driver and try again. Unless you can think of a quicker way?
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Can I access your computer remotely and check the issue? Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, thank you. But it will have to be tomorrow evening, as I have things I must do tonight.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Let me know when you are back, so that I can assist you further. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shefin,Sadly neither you or Canon seem to be able to find a way to restore the full dialogue box for my MG6350 printer. I have become tired to uninstalling and re installing the printer and software, as the dialogue box always returns to basic.
I am having trouble with the Macbook pro (very slow and erratic at start-up), could this have any effect on the printer software?regards,Chris Watkins-Ball.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If I can access your computer remotely, I can check if the issue is with the driver or the Mac itself. Thank you.S H E F I N
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** last, I got another reply from Canon that fixed the problem. It is my Photoshop Elements application that is at fault. When I initially tried to print from Mac 'Photo', I got a very basic dialogue box and did not continue. The Canon technician suggested that I re-pressed the Print tab and see if I got the correct box. I did!Why I can't get the correct dialogue box from Photoshop is a mystery! I think I may have to upgrade to the latest version unless you can save me the trouble and cost, by sorting the fault?Thanks anyway.Regards,
Chris Watkins-Ball
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thank you.S H E F I N