Richard, Engineer
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Printing engineering
32989067

Mg4250 my printer is telling me that I have a paper jam.I

Mg4250 hi my printer is telling me that I have a paper jam.I have cleared it and now the message is s still there .I have cleaned along the heads as directed on YouTube
. But it,s still there
Driving me mad.chers
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).
Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Says support code 5100 the rest is as before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you open it up please where you put the cartridge in, and check very carefully for any paper anywhere at all, even a very small amount can set off the sensor.
Then use a vacuum and vacuum it out to be sure.
Once done, close up the printer, turn it on and tell me if it now allows you to print please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No luck have cleaned it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, power it off
the press and hold the stop button and with it held, power on the printer, still with the stop button (the red one) held.
Do this till it either starts or you get the error.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No still doing it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you remove eh ink cartridges, shake each of them and reseat them in the print head.
Tell me if the error then still comes up please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No good
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
We have ruled out all other causes for this.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard I have to go out now can you leave me some instructions
And I will follow them when I get back?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I think you missed my last message.