nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

My one year old Canon MG7550 has been working ok till now.

My one year old Canon MG7550 has been working ok till now. In the middle of a print job it suddenly stopped printing and displayed service code 1403 with 'The type of print head is incorrect. Install the correct print head'.It will not do anything else, not even go through a 'forced' cleaning cycle. Switch OFF and then ON, after what sounds like a cleaning cycle the same message is displayed. What has happened? Can something be 'reset' to work ok again?
Category: Printers
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue: 1. Open the cover of the printer.2. Remove all ink tanks from the printer.3. Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.4. Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.5. Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.6. Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.7. Close the cover and turn the printer off.8. Unplug the power from the printer. Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes. Plug the power back in and turn the printer on. Check if the error is resolved or not.
Please rate the chat POSITIVELY if the problem is resolved. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've carried out your instructions but the result is still the same; when switched on then after its 'cycle' it shows the same message support code 1403 etc. I was not able to carry out your instructions to the letter; after removing the ink cartridges -with the printer still on- the print head release 'bar' could not be pulled forward to release the print head because of the black plastic mouldings in front of it. Forcing the carriage 1 cm to the right was not attempted as the positioning motor was trying to move the carriage back to its status mid position. So I switched OFF and then moved the carriage slightly to the right and was the able to move the holding bar. I then switched back ON and removed the print head and then followed your instructions. I may try again as I was not sure how far the holding bar needed to be moved forward to release the print head. I may be able to free it without switching OFF to move the carriage a little. Any suggestions?
Visit this LINK. Here a gif is shown explaining the process.
Is the issue resolved? If not, then respond for further assistance. Else rate the chat to end the conversation. Thanks
nathan_mills, Technician
Experience: Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your repeated offer of a solution to my printer problem. Having followed up your latest LINK I found there was nothing there to solve the problem, also other advice found there was for different models differing from mine and did not apply. With an urgent print schedule to complete I had to find an immediate solution, I visited my local ***** ***** store and purchased the last remaining MG7550 that they still had. Once I had met my print deadline I returned the faulty printer back to ***** *****, from where it had been purchased, and they are returning it to Canon for repairs/replacement. Perhaps I had reached the printer's 'self destruct print limit', even though it was nearly 1 year old and not heavily used. Many thanks for your perseverance with my problem. Even though we together were not able to find a solution to my printer problem I am giving you a GOOD rating. Many thanks. Keep up the good work. Karlis.